Live Streaming, why is it important?
Live streaming, Webcasting, the terms can be endless. There has been services available for a few years, from YouTube, Lifestream, Ustream to name a few, all permitting a live broadcast of just about anything. For some corporations, it seems to be a major expense in the eyes of many corporate bosses and possibly very little return.
If your not creating interest you are an interruption
Streaming is already being leveraged by small to large companies, in order to expand the reach and impact of key events, meetings and messages. Depending upon the nature of your business, you can use live streaming or on-demand videos in numerous ways:
- Offer live training classes and product information to your customers, partners and employees
- Use the technology to illustrate and promote your products and services
- Make live announcements, host online meetings, conduct celebrity interviews or spread awareness about various events to promote your services or products
- Offer original content, like interviews, cooking shows, product demonstrations, offer news in your markets, participate in your customer bases interests to develop tighter relationships with them.
How this is marketing at a much lower cost.
First we should look at how it helps your business. Streaming permits a cost effective way to reach wider audiences with your message. How is it cost effective? Many corporations look at any content created from them as marketing, and with marketing is the marketing budget. So already we are talking thousands per production, a production staff or they hire out a team to shoot content, whether its a commercial or anything for that matter. Ever since we started developing the Brand Room concept, we focused on how we can create and use webcasting and live streaming to become the focus of future growth.
- Wider audiences: Through online streaming, you have the potential to reach anyone remotely, through mobile and devices like ROKU, AppleTV and others; all a participant needs is access to the Internet. The realtime benefit is that you can dramatically broaden access to information and events. For training employees or sub-contractors, everyone can receive the same training and information at the same time – which also ensures consistency. For a product launch, media and other constituents will all get to see the release at the same time.
- Reduced costs: Think of all the costs associated with subcontracting video crews, production people, rentals of video equipment, venues, meals, and more that add up when creating a traditional content. Most of these costs can now be eliminated through the power of web streaming and even the use of a Brand Room. Streaming give access to your markets directly and with your message intact.
- Increased revenue: Using streaming technologies and platforms improves productivity of your marketing team as well as reach more customers while demonstrating a leading edge image thanks to mobile and other devices. It can also help your business drive action and achieve results quicker by using instant calls to action and reduce the time and effort required to market your products and services.
- Connect with your audience: Your online audience can remain as engaged as if being present for your message’s delivery. I watch Periscopes with the CEO of T-MOBILE John Legere, where he constantly is driving his corporate message directly to the customer, creating an emotional and dedicated fan base. Most platforms offer a method for viewers to ask questions, and participate in the message. Most platforms offer tracking of viewer participation, thereby improving transparency and accountability.
- Smaller environmental footprint: Being a good corporate environmental citizen can not only be a competitive business advantage, but more importantly, we believe is the right thing to do. Given the virtual nature of streaming, you can reduce the environmental footprint of your content and business.
- Quality of output: Streaming provides for good quality audio and video broadcasts, and maintain the look and feel of your brand.
- Convenience: On demand programming can be listened to in the comfort of your home or office. In addition, presenters/instructors can deliver from anywhere. You can have guests and experts participate in person of via internet with tools such as Skype.
- Richer content: There is a wide variety of content to choose from. With streaming, you have the flexibility of combining various presentation methodologies and multimedia. You even have the option of recording great videos for use indefinitely.
- Broadcasting range: Streaming provides for unlimited range in broadcasting whereas radio, for example, has limited signal strength.
Live streaming and video on demand content like podcasting are the new way of accessing your markets. Newer platforms are coming out monthly and as a business, you need to be involved so that your market understands your relevance.
We can help identify your online market and assist in getting you ready for simple content creation with your brand staying intact.